The recipe is from allrecipes.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place walnuts on small baking sheet, and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the rice, add the broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe casserole dish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave until tender.
- Spoon rice onto a serving platter, and top with broccoli. Sprinkle walnuts and cheese on top.